Rebecca by Du Maurier


"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again."

Okay seriously, Rebecca is one of the most frustrating, depressing, rip-your-hair-out provoking books I've ever read in my entire life.

And I love it.

Have any of you guys ever read the book? I read it with my English class...fyi...
Anyways, if you haven't I RECOMMEND IT.

It's too good do a thorough review. There are just too many things to comment on.... The characters, the plot, the themes, the foreshadowing... Okay, this sounds like what I say for most of my rave reviews but SERIOUSLY READ THIS BOOK. If you guys have, tell me what you thought about it!

By the way, if you do decided to read it, keep in mind that the plot seems to lag around the middle of the book, but all of a sudden, SOMETHING BIG HAPPENS THAT JUST BLOWS YOUR MIND.

Okay.

PS- The cover does this book no justice. None at all.

“We can never go back again, that much is certain. The past is still close to us. The things we have tried to forget and put behind us would stir again, and that sense of fear, of furtive unrest, struggling at length to blind unreasoning panic - now mercifully stilled, thank God - might in some manner unforeseen become a living companion as it had before.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment