The Top 5 Books of 2012... and a little more

Hello all,
So it's been awhile since I last posted here (due to the insanity of the year otherwise known as Grade 12), but anyways...
I didn't get to reading all the books I wanted to in time for the creation of this list (namely Ruins and The 13th Tribe) so this list may be a tad skewed. Regardless though, here are the my Top 5 books that I read in 2012 and that were published in 2012:

1. Opening Moves by Steven James
2. TimeRiders: Gates of Rome by Alex Scarrow
3. Placebo by Steven James
4. The Spirit Well by Stephen R. Lawhead
5. TimeRiders: City of Shadows by Alex Scarrow

Not the strongest showing ever for books this year, as only the top 2 pulled in 5 star ratings from myself - though the rest were definite 4.5s (so they were all still pretty awesome). I read a lot of books from across the years this year, as I do every year, so I thought I'd give the top 10 books I read this year - in general:

1. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
2. Prey by Michael Crichton
3. Opening Moves by Steven James
4. TimeRiders: Gates of Rome by Alex Scarrow
5. Conqueror by Conn Iggulden
6. Placebo by Steven James
7. The Spirit Well by Stephen R. Lawhead
8. TimeRiders: City of Shadows by Alex Scarrow
9. The Candle Man by Alex Scarrow
10. Seizure by Kathy Reichs

In terms of ratings, Les Mis gets a 6/5 because it's that awesome, Prey, Opening Moves, and Gates of Rome all get 5/5, Placebo through The Candle Man all get 4.5/5 and for some reason I feel like I should have given Seizure a 4.5 instead of the 4 I actually gave it, but whatever...

Last thing, and this is a tad unrelated, but I'll do it anyways. So I recently got accepted into the University of Northern British Columbia and they're running this video contest for which the prize is a full year's tuition and residency, as well as a one year smartphone package and a $2000 credit towards textbooks and food. Now in order to win, one has to be one of the top 5 videos chosen as finalists, and in order to be in the top 5, people have to have voted you INTO the top 5. Here's where you guys come in. I need as many votes as I can get, so I encourage all of you to vote for me - every day if possible. A link to the contest is below. Thanks!
http://www.unbc.ca/northernexposure/entries.html#!/entry/1216634

No comments:

Post a Comment